Children’s Camp: All Weeks
Throughout all 4 Weeks of Camp
The Children’s Camp is a programme for kids, where they are invited to explore and unfold their own self in a safe environment. The children’s tent team guides them through a lovingly held space with singing, dancing, playing, creative projects, story-telling, movement and exploration in the nature area around the kid’s tent. The elements of earth, water, fire, air and ether offer us the themes for each day of the week, letting us playfully focus on these five aspects of our inner and outer life.
The Children’s Camp gives us the opportunity to open our senses and hearts, experience community life and be part of the spiritual family gathering at the Camp. The kid’s programme runs in the morning and in the afternoon, parallel to the main programmes for adults during all four weeks of the Camp. Each week will be a unique experience that aligns with the week’s Camp theme.
- – Children of three years and older are invited to stay in the Children’s Tent without their parents during the programme time.
- – For the smaller children ages three to six, a natural and child-oriented time of settling in and detachment from the parent(s) should be considered.
- – Kids between zero and three years are welcome to be part of our Children’s Tent with one parent or caregiving adult present.
- – Parents are responsible for their children and their wellbeing, and this may require the parents to skip some of the programme in order to take care of them.
- – It is important to bring a variety of supplies: rubber boots, rain gear, a warm sweater, bathing suit, sun cream and sun hat, and several changes of clothes (there are no laundry facilities)
Linda Isha Fitzwilliam
Isha has been at Zenith Camp every summer since she was a child. She is a dance educator, yoga teacher, shamanic practitioner and a learner of life. Her focus is working with children and women in singing, dancing, movement, nature, energy medicine and personal experience. Isha lives with her family in Switzerland where she teaches children’s and women’s classes, workshops, women’s circles, drum circles and healing sessions. She brings creativity, humor, integrity and empathy to her work with children’s groups.
Nori has been closely involved with Zenith Camp for the past eleven years. His passion is to bring children and young people into contact with nature. He holds a bachelor’s degree in primary education and is a certified experiential educator. Away from the camp, he works for the Diakonie Hessen with young adults, organizes permaculture work groups, and is self-employed as a sound & video technician.